UMMBC is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to provide academic support to students outside of the regular classroom. The main duty of the Afterschool Tutor is to help students learn by helping them develop study skills and organizational techniques that will improve their academic performance. The tutor will work closely with elementary students in a one-on-one or group setting to reinforce their reading and math skills.
- Help students learn.
- Help students develop strong study skills and organizational techniques to help improve their academic performance.
- Review schoolwork with students and explain how to solve problems.
- Checking completed work for accuracy and completeness, offering constructive feedback for improvement.
- Keep reports on students and share academic progress with parents.
- High School diploma or equivalent with experience in the childcare field.
- Certified Teacher, special certificate, or prior tutoring/teaching experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to have patience and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate ability to be a team player working together to achieve the program goals.
- Demonstrate effective behavior management skills.
This is a part-time position, requiring availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays, typically 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Church Office or email it to: email@example.com
You can also submit your application online at the bottom of this webpage.
Join us in making a difference in students’ academic performance by providing essential guidance and support as an afterschool tutor. Your dedication will contribute to fostering a love for learning and helping students achieve their full potential.